Health & Wellness
2022-2023 Health Information
Health Forms & Action Plans
All forms should be completed and emailed to email@example.com.
- Health History Form – All students.
- Child Health Report (children under 2) – All children under the age of 2.
- Immunization Form – All students. Must include a copy of the immunization records.
- Medication Authorization – Any child that will need to take medication while at school.
- Asthma Action Plan – Any child who suffers from asthma.
- Epi-Pen Plan – Any child who has an Epi-Pen. Two Epi-Pens must also be sent to school, one will be stored in your child’s classroom and the other in the office.
It is our goal to reduce the number of student absences throughout the year and prevent the spread of illnesses. Therefore any child who displays any of the following symptoms will need to stay home:
- Fever above 100.4F or the use of fever-reducing medications
- Known contact with COVID-19 (see COVID-19 policy)
- Productive or barking cough
- Vomiting or 3+ loose stools
- Eye redness, irritation, or discharge (Blocked Tear Ducts do not apply)
If a student is displaying any of the symptoms listed above, the student must be diarrhea-, vomit- and fever-free (without the use of medication) for a minimum of 24 hours in order to return to school.
Temporary COVID-19 guidelines are to be followed until further notice.
Children may not attend school with a fever controlled by medication. Children diagnosed with an infection requiring medication must have permission from a doctor to return, if they are returning in less than 72 hours following administration of medication. Any contagious disease or illness, or communicable condition (head lice or bed bugs) should also be reported to school personnel without delay. Confidentiality is always respected.
Medication given at school must be documented by your child’s physician and administered by school personnel. Children are not permitted to bring medication (prescription or OTC), sunscreens, bug spray, and skin lotions or topicals, without written documentation from a doctor or a parent (DCFS Requirement). Additionally, school personnel are not allowed to administer any type of OTC or prescription medication without parental consent or a doctor’s order. Medication forms must accompany the medication and are available in the school office. Please request a medication form from the Office or Adminstration.
FREE Novir COVID testing is available at Adeline Montessori School on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1:15-3:45 pm. Testing is available for members of the AMS community (students, student families, and staff).
To register for testing:
- Visit www.trackbynovir.com/login and click “Sign Up” at the bottom.
- Fill in the requested information, agree to the consent terms, and respond to some recent health questions – there will be a few different screens; you will get a “Success” pop-up once you finish the registration process.
- The last question on the first page will ask for your Organization Code, the code is unique to each school. The Adeline Organization Code is W0818.
- Parents/Guardians, please register with your name and contact information first and then click the “+ Add a Household Member” (top right corner) link to register all of your students – This will ensure you are notified when their results are entered.
AMS Vaccination Clinic
We are in the process of setting up a vaccination clinic on site for families who wish to schedule an appointment. If you are interested in having your child vaccinated, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.