Health & Wellness
School Year Health & Wellness Information
Hello AMS Community! I am Molly Souza and I am the School Registered Nurse. It is my job to ensure each student is healthy, safe, and ready to learn. I will also be providing your child with a weekly wellness lesson.
Below you will find documents your child may need for the 2021-2022 school year. Please review and complete prior to August 22nd, 2021.
Thank you for completing and returning the forms in a timely manner. I look forward to a happy, healthy, and safe school year.
Molly Souza, BSN, RN, CLC
Forms & Plans
- Health History Form – According to Wisconsin State Law all students enrolled must have a completed health history form on file. Please complete and submit this form on Transparent Classroom.
- Child Health Report – According to Wisconsin State Law each child under the age of 2 must have a medical examination no more than six months prior to enrollment or three months after enrollment. Please complete and submit this form on Transparent Classroom.
- Immunization Form – Please complete and submit this form and a copy of the immunization records on Transparent Classroom. If your child does not receive the CDC and AAP recommended vaccinations for a religious or medical reason, please complete the exemption form to comply with state law. I am open to discussing the health benefits or connecting you with a local pediatrician if you have questions or concerns regarding the safety and efficacy of vaccines.
- Medication Authorization – According to Wisconsin State Law, this form needs to be completed for any medication, prescription or over-the-counter, that is to be administered while at school. All medications, other than emergent inhalers, must be stored in the nurse’s office. Please complete and submit this form on Transparent Classroom.
- Asthma Action Plan – If your child suffers from asthma, an Asthma Action Plan must be completed. This document will be shared with your child’s teacher to ensure the best and safest care is provided. Please complete and email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Epi-Pen Plan – If your child has an Epi-Pen, an Epi-Pen Plan must be completed. This document will be shared with your child’s teacher to ensure the best and safest care is provided. Two Epi-Pens must also be sent to school, one will be stored in your child’s classroom and the other in the nursing office. Please complete and email this form to email@example.com.
- Wellness Scope and Sequence – Your child will have an age-appropriate weekly wellness special. This document will provide you with a brief overview of the weekly lessons.
Student & Staff Testing Clinic
This clinic will be held on at the East Avenue Campus on Mondays and Thursdays from 1 pm to 4 pm starting November 4th and does not require an appointment. Novir will test any of our students, including children under the age of 1, free of cost to students and staff who are symptomatic or were exposed at school. You need to be a registered user but do not need an appointment to be tested.
To get tested at AMS:
- Click “Sign Up” at www.trackbynovir.com
- Fill in the requested information, agree to the consent terms, and respond to some recent health questions.
- You will get a “Success” screen once the above information is entered.
- Add our organization code W0818.
- After you are registered, you are able to add your dependents.
On the day of your test:
- Enter the East Avenue Campus on the East Avenue side of the building. You will see a small white sign that says, “AMS COVID TESTING.”
- Upon arrival please knock on the door and a representative from our contracted company, Novir, will greet you.
- Only two individuals will be allowed in at once to ensure proper social distancing.
- Your test results will be emailed to you.
AMS Vaccination Clinic
We are in the process of setting up a vaccination clinic on site for families who wish to schedule an appointment. If you are interested in having your child vaccinated, please let Nurse Molly know.