Health & Wellness
School Year Health & Wellness Information
Hello AMS Community! I am Molly Souza and I am the School Registered Nurse. It is my job to ensure each student is healthy, safe, and ready to learn. I will also be providing your child with a weekly wellness lesson.
Below you will find documents your child may need for the 2021-2022 school year. Please review and complete prior to August 22nd, 2021.
Thank you for completing and returning the forms in a timely manner. I look forward to a happy, healthy, and safe school year.
Molly Souza, BSN, RN, CLC
- Health History Form – According to Wisconsin State Law all students enrolled must have a completed health history form on file. Please complete and submit this form on Transparent Classroom.
- Child Health Report – According to Wisconsin State Law each child under the age of 2 must have a medical examination no more than six months prior to enrollment or three months after enrollment. Please complete and submit this form on Transparent Classroom.
- Immunization Form – Please complete and submit this form and a copy of the immunization records on Transparent Classroom. If your child does not receive the CDC and AAP recommended vaccinations for a religious or medical reason, please complete the exemption form to comply with state law. I am open to discussing the health benefits or connecting you with a local pediatrician if you have questions or concerns regarding the safety and efficacy of vaccines.
- Medication Authorization – According to Wisconsin State Law, this form needs to be completed for any medication, prescription or over-the-counter, that is to be administered while at school. All medications, other than emergent inhalers, must be stored in the nurse’s office. Please complete and submit this form on Transparent Classroom.
- Asthma Action Plan – If your child suffers from asthma, an Asthma Action Plan must be completed. This document will be shared with your child’s teacher to ensure the best and safest care is provided. Please complete and email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Epi-Pen Plan – If your child has an Epi-Pen, an Epi-Pen Plan must be completed. This document will be shared with your child’s teacher to ensure the best and safest care is provided. Two Epi-Pens must also be sent to school, one will be stored in your child’s classroom and the other in the nursing office. Please complete and email this form to email@example.com.
- Wellness Scope and Sequence – Your child will have an age-appropriate weekly wellness special. This document will provide you with a brief overview of the weekly lessons.