Middle School/Secondary Teacher
Adeline Montessori School is searching for a reliable, trustworthy, and innovative Middle School/Secondary teacher to join our excellent, growing school. The teacher’s responsibilities include creating lesson plans and curricula focused on developing social, physical, intellectual, and emotional skills, assessing children’s individual needs, and communicating with parents as required. You should be able to create a nurturing, stimulating classroom where every child feels included while also being challenged.
To be successful as a teacher at Adeline, you should be a lifelong learner who inspires a love for learning in your students. Outstanding candidates are able to accept failure, learn from their mistakes, and embrace creativity and independence.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday
Experience: Teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- DPI-licensed or licensable
Salary Range: $38,000 – $50,000, dependant upon experience and education
Work Location: 995 S. Sawyer Rd, Oconomowoc, WI 53066
- Observing, guiding, supervising, and assessing children while they learn in the classroom environment
- Developing lesson plans, independent learning exercises, curricula, and methods that cater to the needs of the individual child.
- Creating and maintaining a safe, clean, stimulating classroom where all children feel safe and valued.
- Establishing rapport and building relationships with students based on trust.
- Setting an excellent example for students and instilling good values in them like honesty, accountability, understanding, acceptance, respect, and kindness.
- Monitoring and assessing student progress and writing up reports.
- Ensuring classroom supplies and equipment are available and in working condition.
- Updating records on the school system and tracking student progress for transcripts.
- Participating in school activities and accompanying students on field trips.
- Interviewing and assisting with the training of an assistant teacher.
- Bachelor’s degree in middle school education or a related discipline (sciences, math, history, etc.) is required.
- DPI-licensed or licensable.
- Completed training at a MACTE-accredited Montessori teacher education program or willingness to begin and complete training.
- Additional courses or training in education would be advantageous.
- Passionate about alternative education.
- An ability to teach groups of children of varying ages, needs, and abilities.
- Patience and excellent observational, communication, and diagnostic skills.
- The ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure, and treat everyone with kindness and respect.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- A lifelong learner who can be a good role model for children.